The Armiger (b. 1921,
inherited the coat of arms from his father Salvatore Carlo (b. 1868,
d. 1956), but its origins go back to an older time. Such a coat of
arms was painted in the foyer's vault of the family palace located in Atina and described by Vassalli, Pietro. Storia di Atina, Sora, 1949.
There is also evidence that members of the Tutinelli family made use
of arms in 1850's (Cirelli, Filippo. Il Regno delle Due Sicilie
descritto ed illustrato, Napoli, 1853-60).
The oldest known ancestor
of the Tutinelli family is Iacobus, active in Atina in the years
1501-1530 as notary public and deputy captain of the town (Palombo,
Marcantonio. Eccelsiae Atinatis historia, ms., 1637).
Rendition of Arms by Marco Foppoli.