Questions about the second Register, and a request

Discussions regarding the International Armorial Register
Douglas Solberg-Bell

Questions about the second Register, and a request

Post by Douglas Solberg-Bell » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Good day, all.

I have some questions concerning the publication of the upcoming second Register. How many new entries are being sought? At current rates of enrollment, what time-frame might we be looking at for its publication? I'm in no particular rush to appear in print, merely curious.

Regarding the first Register, I have a boon to ask.

My friend Kevin Kane has never forgiven himself for missing the opportunity to provide adequate information for his father's entry in the first Register (this would be Rolland Louis Kane). I do not know the full details, but am given to understand that he neglected to provide narrative detail in time for the publication of the first Register.

When I spoke to Kevin recently about how pleased I was with my own entry, he informed me of this disappointment. Is there any way to append an update of sorts to his father's entry, when the second Registry is published? I would be willing to pay any costs that might be incurred, up to and including that of an entirely new entry to the Register.

I do not know Rolland Kane personally, but he is highly regarded in my county's law enforcement community, as his son has become. Kevin is very heraldically focused, and the opportunity to correct his oversight would mean a lot to him, I know. He developed and registered the Washington County Sheriff's Office tartan, and elements of his arms appear throughout his house, on his computer system at home, and upon his very body. He, like me, takes personal inspiration and encouragement from the very sight of his arms, the mark of his father and his house.

Regards,
Douglas Solberg-Bell

J Duncan of Sketraw
Site Admin

Re: Questions about the second Register, and a request

Post by J Duncan of Sketraw » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Douglas Solberg-Bell wrote:Good day, all.

I have some questions concerning the publication of the upcoming second Register. How many new entries are being sought? At current rates of enrollment, what time-frame might we be looking at for its publication? I'm in no particular rush to appear in print, merely curious.

About 183-200 entries Douglas would do the trick and we would hope to reach that for Volume 2 towards the end of next year, depending on registrations.

As for Kevin Kane there is not much we can do regarding the entry in volume 1 but I would suggest you right to Martin at the Register to see how we can help with an entry in Volume 2

Regards

John
Slaintè
John A. Duncan of Sketraw

The Armorial Register - International Register of Arms
http://www.armorial-register.com

Return to “The Armorial Register”