Illus. to Rietstaps

Information and discussions on various heraldic Books & CDs
Joseph M James

Illus. to Rietstaps

Post by Joseph M James » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:41 pm

After months of searching by a dedicated librarian, she was able to locate a university library that was willing to loan the 6 vol. 1903-1923 editions of the illus.to Rietstaps Armorial by V. and H.V. Rolland through the interlibrary loan system. I got the 1st. two, A thru B and C thru F. and digitized them, though I am curious about the copyright. I know Heraldry Today used to sell editions and the Naval and Military Press still sells paperback editions and archive.org. has vols. 3 and 4, letters G thru K on the internet. Does anyone have any info on this, because I tried, but couldn't find anything, plus I got tired of looking. I would like to put a selected page here on in the forum, but I think it might be to big, it's 986x1637- 570Kb. Any suggestions?
Joseph M James

Joseph M James

Re: Illus. to Rietstaps

Post by Joseph M James » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:48 am

I reduced a page by 66%. This Is one of the things I do in my spare time. I use a light attached to a 6 ft. ladder,a homemade bookstand, and a old digital camera on a tripod. Once I was set up it took about 3 hrs. to photograph appox. 800 pgs,(not done in one sitting). I chose this page because in the topic below this one (Other Heraldry) is a post by Mr. Hans E.F. Amundsen and in this picture, 4 rows down are 3 coas attributed to people with the same surname.
Joseph M James
Attachments
DSCF6974 (2).JPG
DSCF6974 (2).JPG (123.94 KiB) Viewed 30 times

Return to “Heraldic Books & CDs”