Certificates

Updates, News and Announcements from the Register
Martin Goldstraw
Site Admin

Certificates

Post by Martin Goldstraw » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:03 pm

From time to time The Armorial Register Limited is contacted by someone wanting to know what their family crest is. We do of course point out what is, or ought to be, obvious to the readers of this forum, namely that arms don't belong to surnames but to the descendants of the original grantee (or original user) according either to the law of arms or, in countries without a law of arms, the destination set out in the original assumption document.

We don't wish to get involved in the activities of "Bucket Shops" but of late we have received an enquiry about the origins of a set of arms along with a request to provide some information; the request progressed into a request for a certificate and I thought that I would share the resultant certificate with you. The recipient is aware that the arms are an English grant and therefore can only be used by the direct male descendants of the original grantee and their own families (in other words, not everyone of the surname).

I'm waiting for someone to request an assumption certificate now ;-)
Prince--certificate.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin Goldstraw

----------
The Armorial Register
http://www.armorial-register.com

Martin Goldstraw
Site Admin

Re: Certificates

Post by Martin Goldstraw » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:51 am

I've had a pm to state that the image I placed couldn't be viewed so here it is on an external site:

Martin Goldstraw

----------
The Armorial Register
http://www.armorial-register.com

Return to “Announcements from the International Armorial Register”