The Armorial Register - International Register of Arms

  Subscribe to the Armorial Newsletter
THE ARMORIAL NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to The Armorial Newsletter
 for Registry and Heraldic & Genealogical News
  The Armorial Register - International Register of Arms
THE ARMORIAL REGISTER
International Register of Arms
Volume 1 & Volume 2
 
 

The Armorial Register - International Register of Arms - Turriziani Colonna F. (Nobile)

International Register of Armorial Bearings (Coats of Arms)

 
THIS WEBSITE
Home
Search The Register
Register Your Arms
Feudal Lords & Barons
Armorial Shop-Store
Heraldic Artists
History of Heraldry
Advertising Program
Heraldic Authorities
Heraldic Societies
Useful Links
Registry News
Monthly Newsletter
Armorial Forum
AR on FaceBook
Contact
Site Map
ARMORIAL FAMILIES

The Crest of The Armorial Register - Click to see Full Achievement

 
 
 
Last Update: 18/10/2019
 

Web Design HCS

Nobile Fabrizio Turriziani Colonna

Registered: The International Register of Arms, 11th October 2019. Registration No. 0512 (Vol.3).

Arms: Azure, a tower supported by two lions rampant in chief three stars of six points Or.

Motto:  Fortitudo et Décor.

Grant: Seventeenth century.

The Arms of Nobile Fabrizio Turriziani Colonna

The Turriziani Colonna family are an ancient noble family of Frosinone, central Italy, with records from the XIII century of one Pietro, notary by imperial authority, and the nobleman Adinolfo. A legend has it that Turriziani Colonna descended from a branch of the family Colonna in Frosinone in the thirteenth century during the restoration of Papal primacy in the Holy Roman Empire, to atone, away from Rome as de Turritianis, their faith Ghibellines in support of the party against the Pope, the name by which they wanted to call de Turritianis these Colonna in Rome lived in the well-known palace of Tower at the church of SS. Apostoli, to distinguish themselves from other family de Columna who had at that time far greater fortunes.

The House in Frosinone, from time immemorial enjoyed absolute patronage of the chapel of S. Annunciation of the Virgin in the Collegiate Church of St. Mary, before the sack by the Spanish troop led by the Duke de Alba in 1556. The patronage was confirmed with multiple acts of bishops and the Apostolic Letter of Pope Pius IX, Vitae ac morum honestas, 1855. In the chapel, which was located Sepulcrum Turritianis, was instituted by Pietro Turriziani Colonna the Confraternity of Death, associated to Confraternity of Death in Rome.

During the war waged by the Spanish led by Duke de Alba against Pope Paul IV in 1555, Giovanni Turriziani Colonna claimed Marcantonio Colonna who arrived in Frosinone in charge of heavy cavalry. Marcantonio Colonna's brother, Prospero, appears to be the natural father of Giovanni Prospero, considered to be the son of Giovanni Turriziani. In fact it is said there was a clandestine relationship between Giovanni Turriziani's wife, a certain Camilla, and Prospero, Marcantonio's brother. The destruction and looting that ensued from the Spanish troops caused the withdraw of the family to Alatri. Since 1525 Giovanni had been adviser to the Alatri Magistrate, where his son, Giovanni, was elected Podestà in 1557, while his brother Sebastiano opened his first school for youth education in 1570. Giovanni Prospero, son of Giovanni, was Podestà in 1601, as was his son Giovanni in 1628 and in 1631and the son of this Gregorio in 1695. Giovanni married in Rome in 1608 Lucrezia Cremona, a family ascribed to the Roman nobility, whose palace today is Valdina-Cremona and clearly visible to via Dei Prefetti. Gregorio, son of Giovanni and Lucretia, became a cleric and was benefited from the Cathedral Chapter of Alatri; by the Bishop of Alatri, Stefano Ghirardelli, he was deputed to search for a suitable venue for the seminar, and found himself worthy accommodation in Turriziani Palace in Alatri, made available by the family. After a few years, the family found another location for the seminary. Camilla and Maria Felice, sister of Giovanni Prospero, dedicated themselves nuns in the monastery of SS. Annunziata in Alatri, where, the first under the name of Scolastica, was elected abbess, receiving the blessing by the Bishop of Alatri, Francesco Campanari 1632. Another son of Giovanni and Lucretia was Francesco, with whom the family returned to Frosinone where he distinguished himself by conspicuous properties.

In Frosinone the family has distinguished itself in numerous city offices. The Palazzo Turriziani Colonna is still clearly visible in the city center. There are streets, squares and high schools dedicated to the members of the Turriziani Colonna family.

 

Copyright © The Armorial Register Limited incorporating Burke's Peerage Limited 2006 -2019

 

Register your Arms - International Armorial Register

Search By Surname

 
A B C D E F G H I J
K L M N O P Q R S
T U V W X Y Z

 

NEED AN HERALDIC ARTIST?

Contact us for

Further Information

 

The Armorial Bearings of Nobile Fabrizio Turriziani Colonna