The arms are the
medieval arms of Corona family from Santander, Spain, plus a mark of
difference which is the general bordure with the five stars.
Rendition of Arms by Clyde Webb.
The armiger is a Commander in The Royal Order of Saint Michael of the
Wing (Portugal) and a Knight of the Noble Compañia de Ballesteros
Hijosdalgo de San Felipe y Santiago.
Sergio Antonio Corona
Paez was born in Torreon, Mexico on October 12, 1950. He obtained a
Bachelor Degree in Science and Techniques of Communication, a Masters
degree and a Doctorate of History (with honors) from the Jesuit
Universidad Iberoamericana Santa Fe, in Mexico City.
He is a Professor in the Universidad Iberoamericana Laguna (Torreon);
Director of the Historical Research Center in said campus; Author or
co-author of over 20 books; Official Chronicler of the City and County
of Torreon; Correspondent Member of the Academia Melitense Hispana
from Madrid (Spain) and, by decree of the City Council of Torreon
(2006), Illustrious Citizen.
On March 13, 1982, Sergio Antonio Corona Paez married Olga Patricia
Reyes Fernandez, granddaughter of Divisional General Manuel H. Reyes
Iduñate. Their son is Sergio Antonio Corona Reyes (born in Torreon on
June 12, 1983) Bachelor of Communication.
Felix Edmundo Corona de la Fuente, (born in Monterrey, Mexico, October
7, 1911) and Maria Concepcion Paez Martinez (born in San Luis Potosi,
Mexico, on June 7, 1922). Married on December 13th, 1939.
Felix Edmundo Corona Toledano (born in Jonacatepec, Mexico, on
November 20, 1880) and Maria Antonia de la Fuente Treviño (born in
Monterrey, Mexico on January, 1891). They were married in Monterrey,
Mexico, on July 31, 1909.
Felix Edmundo Corona Toledano was a member of the Corona lineage which
originated in Santander, Spain. When Montezuma’s Empire fell (1521)
and New Spain came to exist, poor hidalgo Spanish settlers bearing
this surname (Corona, de la Corona) came to establish themselves on
the region of Puebla de los Angeles and Tlaxcala. They were granted
lands as “vecinos” and “pobladores” (first settlers at their own
expense) which kept for them their original status of “hidalgos”
Maria Antonia de la Fuente was ninth direct descendant of Captain
Domingo de la Fuente and his wife Francisca Martínez-Guajardo. Domingo
was a settler in la villa de Santiago del Saltillo (New Spain) in 1609
and a member of the landed lesser nobility. He was a Spanish
benemerito, conqueror, encomendero, miner and trader. During his
lifetime, he held these positions: Council Scribe (1610), member of
the Council as Alguacil Mayor (1616, 1618), General Attorney of the
County (Procurator, 1619, 1631), etc. By the marriage of Luis de la
Fuente Cabello (Domingo´s great-great- grandson) with Josefa
Gonzalez-de-Paredes y de la Garza-Falcón, Maria Antonia was tenth
direct descendant of Captain Alberto do Canto, the Portuguese founder
of the villa de Santiago del Saltillo in 1575 and his wife, Estefania
de Montemayor y Porcayo, an eleventh direct descendant of captain
Diego de Montemayor, founder of Monterrey (Mexico) and his wife, Juana
Antonio Paez Sanchez (born in San Luis Potosi, Mexico, on June 13,
1867) and Maria Altagracia Martinez Castro (born in Alaquines, S.L.P.,
Mexico on January 6, 1894). Married in San Luis Potosi on May 28th
Antonio Paez was the son of Rafel Paez y Saavedra, who was born in
Chalatenango (Guatemala) in 1830, and Maria Felipa Sanchez Gutierrez,
born in San Juan de los Lagos (Mexico) on may 27, 1836. They got
married in San Luis Potosi, on January 7th 1863. Rafael´s parents were
general Geronimo Paez y Saavedra (member of the old Spaniard
Paez-de-Monteseros lesser nobility and landed family) and Tiburcia
Saavedra, who married in what is now the city of San Salvador, El
Salvador (then Guatemala) on 1824. General Geronimo Paez y Saavedra
was a national hero, Lieutenant of the “Freedom” Dragon Corps, Brigade
General, Mayor of San Salvador, Deputy, President of El Salvador
Legislative Assembly (1831). Owner of the “Sabanetas Hacienda” in
Maria Altagracia Martinez belonged to the Martinez family, owner of
the XVIII century “Hacienda de las Tuzas”. The Martínez were a cadet
branch of the colonial landed family Martínez-Saldierna and Martinez-Moctezuma
in Alaquines, San Luis Potosi, Mexico.